Roof Systems, Siding, Windows, Solar Panels, Energy Efficiency, Air Loss Mechanical Systems.
In manufacturing and other big mechanical operations, thermal imaging (also known as infrared imaging) is often used as a preventative maintenance tool. These cameras can detect overheated and overloaded components before they actually break down and cause facility downtime. They are also useful for monitoring high-temperature industrial heaters, boilers, and furnaces.
Components that infrared inspections can monitor include conveyor belts, motors, pipelines, pumps, process valves, and storage tanks. Here are some of the component problems that can be detected using infrared imaging before they become larger issues.
- Check sludge levels in storage tanks
- Overheated bearings in conveyor belts
- Overheating bearings and/or windings & misalignment in motors
- Anomalies in pipelines, such as build-up of scale, etc.
- Leakage in process valves
- Overheated connections, fuse problems, and overloaded electrical cables in pumps
Infrared inspections are also useful in preventative maintenance of electrical equipment, as well. Here are some electrical equipment that can be checked by infrared (thermal) imaging:
- Primary power sources, such as an outdoor high voltage switchyard
- Low voltage electrical installations such as breaker panels, faulty electrical outlets and/or wall sockets
- Electrical cabinets
- Fuse panels
- Motor control centers (MCC)
No matter how large your manufacturing facility might be, you can use infrared inspections as a preventative maintenance tool to prevent small components from causing large issues.
At US Infrared Inspections, we are committed to providing you the best Factory and Manufacturing Inspections service and giving you the most value for your money. We offer a full range of Factory and Manufacturing building inspections, specializing in infrared thermography. We provide thorough assessment and condition monitoring for some of your greatest assets and investments.
Find out how a Thermal Imaging Camera can help you with electrical and mechanical inspections in your facility.
Infrared Inspections allow us to see hazards and energy issues not visible to the eye.
These images below revealed problems in large buildings and facilities, which were caught in advance saved the maintenance team time, money, and aggravation.